Archive for March, 2015

Gardai have reported the discovery of bodies of  an elderly couple in South Dublin.  The possibility of Carbon Monoxide poisoning has been mentioned, but it’s early days in the investigation.
However it beholds me to once again highlight the dangers of Carbon Monoxide in the home. It is so important to have your chimney cleaned and inspected by a certified chimney sweep. Also if you have a solid fuel stove installed, have it checked for blockages and also make sure that it has been properly installed.
A CO detector will help you become aware of any CO escape to your room.
For further information or to request a chimney clean or survey contact Nick 0879501001

image

A young homeowner called me after his Carbon Monoxide detector sounded its alarm. On checking his stove and twin wall flue installation,  my report for him listed several hazards detected due to non compliance with building and fire regulations and best practices in the industry.
When the homeowner met with the building contractor , who carried out the new build about 2 years ago, and presented him with my report, the builder stated that he was not liable for its proper reinstatement and would not be making any monetary contribution.
The history of the stove install etc. was when the homeowner produced a quotation from a reputable stove installation company, which the homeowner found to be above his budget, the building contractor said he could do it cheaper.
The builders excuse now to renegue on his responsibilies is that the homeowner wanted “a cheap job done, and thats what he got”.

image

My client is so unlucky to have an unscrupulous building contractor,  but very lucky that lives were saved due to him having a Carbon Monoxide detector installed.
If you have any doubts or reason to believe your beautiful stove may be a ticking time bomb, call Nick 0879501001