Archive for February, 2012

A strong advertising campaign is being rolled out by Bord Gais Energy in relation to the poisonous gas, Carbon Monoxide (CO). Lest there be any confusion about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide only arising from gas please click on the following link which outlines the causes , signs and  symptoms of  CO .      http://www.safeenergy.ie/htm/carbon_monoxide.htm

It gives clear indications that the issues that I deal with every day (chimneys not cleaned , poor ventilation, clogged stoves, wet fuels) in  Mullingar, Tullamore, Athlone, Longford, Roscommon, Kinnegad and as far away as Galway and Dublin are a nationwide problem and needs a prolonged advertising campaign by our Government .

For our facebook followers we want to do our bit on prevention of Carbon Monoxide poisoning . Just like and share our page with your friends and we will offer you a half price special which runs from now until last day of February. Have your chimney cleaned, your solid fuel stove serviced and a Carbon Monoxide Alarm supplied and fitted for half our normal fee. In addition you will get a free smoke and draw test, free carbon monoxide assesment and free fuel efficiency advice. You will also receive a certificate on completion, issued by a member of  The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps.

There are a limited number of these offers available and are applicable to a radius of 40 kms from Mullingar. So dont delay and book yours. Call Nick 087 95 01 001

FittedWarm Dogs a Hunter Oakfield multi-fuel stove today for Claire and Brian, owners of Haven Boarding Kennels , Oldtown in Dublin.  The stove installation actually was  in the dog kennel itself. So you can imagine the comfort all guest dogs are enjoying in their very homely country boarding abode. Have a browse through their website

For more information on stove installation and advice contact Nick on 0879501001. Stove and Chimney SOotlutions

The attitude to, or maybe the knowledge of Carbon Monoxide and CO poisoning in Ireland is frightening and a major awareness push needs to be implemented. In England 3 ladies, Stacey Rodgers, Vikki Courtman and Melissa Matthews formed the awareness group after each losing a loved one to the silent killer: carbon monoxide poisoning. After launching in parliament a year ago, the trio, known as the CO Angels have appeared on national television, numerous radio stations around the country as well as local and national press.

Their aim is simple: they want everyone to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed in their home so the same tragedy which happened to them, does not happen to anyone else. Although each worked on prior to creating CO Angels, since joining forces they have given away hundreds of carbon monoxide alarms and raised awareness of the dangers carbon monoxide poses to health.

The CO Angels said: “We are extremely proud of each other to have got this far with our campaigning and the future years will focus on our 10 by 20 campaign of getting 10 million alarms in homes by 2020.”

If you need further info please do not hesitate to call Nick at Stove & Chimney SOotLutions  0879501001

Over the next couple of weeks I will be placing relevant information on facebook  regarding problems I have been called out to address, regarding smoking problems, poor draw, poor performance and the consequences of the use of incorrect fuels. Feel free to bring up any of these issues , should you be experiencing similiar problems.